OK, I'm guilty. While Charlie and I were walking in our driveway the other day, we saw this turtle digging a hole for her eggs. I thought she had the hole dug and was laying the eggs so I started taking pictures knowing she wouldn't leave until finished. After a few pictures, I continued walking and when we next walked by, she was gone with the hole halfway dug. I felt terrible! I guess she figured we were a risk to her babies. Little did she know that Charlie planned to stake off her area so we wouldn't run over the nest.
I hope she found another spot soon and I hope I get another chance to see a turtle lay her eggs. It is one of the things on my life's 'To Do' list. I'd love to see a sea turtle but you know, a simple box turtle in the yard would be just fine. What is on your list? Making any headway with it? The older I get, the more I seem to appreciate the little things and am in constant awe at what nature has to offer just in our yard.

************
We are continuing our Going Out of Business Sale. Everything, except for a few items, is 30% off. Merchandise is leaving the building so make sure you stop by to pick up things you've had your eye on before it is gone. Below are pictures of items still available. Our dealers all have discounts on their items as well.

A large very old blue and white bowl. This scene on the side is repeated
around the bowl and inside.

A Flow Blue Soup Cup by Ye Old Historical Pottery of Staffordshire, England.

German - Konigl.pr. Tettau Serving Bowl

Old Schlitz Serving Tray

Cake Plate

Toby Mugs

As always, take care, have a great week and come see us!
Charlie and Chris



No comments: