Mystery Item, Auction Finds and O.A. Joe

This week we have a lot of interesting news. First of all, it is time to reveal February's Mystery Item - it is a Broom Holder! Our winner is Ron Versic from Ohio. Way to go Ron!!

Second and once again, Charlie has been to an auction and found some very interesting items. Some are ready to be used and/or displayed, another has 'potential'.

(You'll see when you look at the pictures.) Make sure you check out the dealer pictures on the side bar. These folks continue to bring in great things!

Last but not least, do you remember the picture of the deer I posted in February? Well, the deer with one antler wrote me an email with his story - really! His name is One Antler Joe, aka O. A. Joe. Read his letter below.



"Dear Chris,
My name is O. A. Joe. I’m writing you because you wanted to know the story behind why I have only one antler. To make a very long story short, I was in a love triangle, fought and lost my antler but gained the lady I was after. She is beautiful, lively and will make a very good mother to our babes once we have some. However, although she is the object of my affection, her heart is not with me, it’s with the Stag I beat. Bottom line is I’m going to have to let her go back to the one she truly loves.
I want to thank you for your interest and curiosity regarding my antlers and I do wish the story was more uplifting but alas, it isn’t.
Please be careful and continue to look out for all that is yours as you never know what might happen.
With sincerest regards,
One Antler Joe"

************

Spring is definitely emerging. In fact, this is the first Thursday lately that I haven't been sitting here in my fleece while I post the the blog. It is an exciting time for those of us who like taking pictures.


From our woods....




************

Auction Finds

Anvil - $28

'Pan" - Pulled by a mule to scoop and level dirt $45

Corner cupboard (a project for sure but it has good bones) - $150

Framed Print/Poster of Vincent Van Gogh's "Still Life: Vase with Irises" - $35

Coke Trays - new but nice! - $10 each

No comments: